1. What can i expect from my first session? The first session is FREE and will allow us to get to know each other and complete some basic paperwork and get a feel for whether you think I am the right person to work with. You can expect to be treated with respect and not to be judged. Further sessions will last 50 minutes.
2. What is counselling? Counselling is a talking therapy that allows you to explore your inner thoughts and feelings in a safe, place. It is not something done to you it is a journey of confidential, exploration. A counsellor doesn't seek to advise you. A trained counsellor helps you to explore the issues that have brought you into therapy.
3. How do i know that you are sufficiently qualified? I display my qualifications in my therapy room. I am a registered member of the BACP and adhere to their code of ethics.
4. What is confidentiality? Essentially whatever you tell me in our sessions remains confidential unless I feel you or someone else are at risk of harm.
5. How do I pay for my session? I currently accept cash or cheque.
6. Do you charge different prices for individuals or couples? No, I charge a straight fee for my time and expertise. There are no hidden extras.